Zund Cutter Operator, Grand Format
Los Angeles, CA•
Sets up, programs, and operates cutting machine according to specifications of work orders.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Review the schedule of jobs and plan work process to ensure meeting customer specifications.
- Operates Zund machine to produce custom shape and cut vinyl products.
- Examines products for quality, and makes adjustments as needed.
- Remove finished or pre-finished material from cutter for next operation.
- Performs minor repairs and preventative maintenance on cutter machines, including cleaning, changing blades, and vacuuming of belts.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain housekeeping standards. Adhere to recycling program.
- Assist in other finishing operations as needed.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- 1 years’ experience minimum, 3 years’ desirable.
- Previous Zund, plotter, and die cutting experience a plus.
- Must know basic math and how to use a ruler.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- General knowledge of bindery/finishing a plus.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Must be able to list up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and deadline driven.
- Basic troubleshooting skills.
- Reliability and dependability.
- Enter all final quantities into log book.
- flexible work hours and shifts.
- Able to manager stress.
- Maintain clean work environment and respectful of others work areas.