Mail Services Specialist
The Mail Services Specialist is responsible for assisting in the operation of all Postal Sorting, Data Processing, Data Proofs and variable setup responsibilities.
- Interpret job instructions to perform necessary data and mail preparation production processes. Review job instructions for accuracy and completeness, and if discrepancies are found, facilitate the creation of new instructions with Customer Service Representative.
- Layout and format data to manufacturing and customer requirements for output to an inkjet printer file, or to an electronic file.
- Prepare Data and List Processing instructions to be send to list processing.
- Review data and mail files received from list processing for accuracy prior to proceeding to customer sign-offs and VDP when applicable
- Generate all necessary data proofs to be sent to customer for data approval. Provide counts and postage for customer.
- Generate ancillary paperwork for mailing production processes (bag tags, tray tags, and pallet placards).
- Generate reports for internal and external customer approvals as needed. Review and communicate results to Customer Service Representative.
- Adhere to data and mail preparation production standards by following department job aids and utilizing internal quality procedures.
- Summarize data record counts for various production processes to facilitate billing activities.
- Assists in creation of variable print projects.
- Provides Customer Service Representatives and leaders with postal paperwork requirements and costs based on Postal sorting.
- Performs live proof customer sign-offs
- Upload mail files to USPS for daily mail drops in accordance with USPS procedures
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to frequently walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include 20/20 or corrected vision up to 20/20.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is loud. A hearing conservation program is in place.
- A high school diploma or equivalent with at least one year of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience.
- A minimum of 1 – 2 years Microsoft Office experience including Word, Excel, and Postal Hygiene software knowledge required. A minimum of 1 year experience in mailing data processing also required.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Basic to advanced general computer skills
- Basic knowledge of Postage Regulations, regarding address block, Traying and sorting
- Ability to work varying shifts, overtime and weekends.