Mail Services Specialist 2
The Mail Specialist prepares required paperwork, verifies mailing instructions with EPIC, stages completed projects to be verified and released by the USPS, and ensures correct loading into the USPS truck. The Mail Specialist process mail on the Flats Commingle machine and oversees the finalization process to account for all pieces of mail that have been scanned for the day’s mailing. The Mail Specialist process mail on the Letter Commingle machine, following correct schemes to ensure highest level of sorting for the day’s mailing.
The Mail Specialist ensures that all projects are scheduled on the correct machines, ensuring all jobs are mailed correctly and completely according to schedules and internal controls, using multiple software applications and floor organization skills.
The Mail Specialist coordinates the activities of the Mail Handlers and temporary associates to ensure mail is processed on the correct machine and prepared for USPS approval and delivery.
1. Organizes and stages mail projects received from production departments. Verifies all mailing instructions with EPIC and creates release e-doc statement in Mail.Dat program for all new mail projects to be mailed. Records required information in the designated section of the Shift List to ensure each project is accounted for correctly. Obtains or creates postage statements to USPS when required.
2. Wraps each finished pallet using automated stretch-wrapping equipment to ensure the integrity of the finished product. Stages finished wrapped pallets in the Work In Process area in an organized manner for the final USPS approval and release and load into a USPS truck. Loads the released mail into a USPS truck using a forklift or transporter while ensuring the trailer is loaded safely and according to USPS requirements.
3. Stages USPS Supplies Equipment to inline production areas to ensure the production equipment can run without stopping. Performs a physical inventory of mailing supplies and places a daily equipment order with the USPS using the METOR online forms to ensure the facility has the supplies needed to complete jobs.
4. Process Mail on the Flats Commingle machine, by prioritizing, organizing and staging mail projects received from production departments. Operates the Flats Commingle machine by in-putting correct information into various software programs and internal Operator Logs.
5. Oversees the finalization of the day’s mailing on the Flats Commingle using various software programs. Follows USPS reports generated from the Flats Commingle machine to bundle, band and apply appropriate USPS mail sort stickers. Ensures that all mail pieces are accounted for according to USPS Reports.
6. Process mail on the Letter Commingle machine by prioritizing, organizing and staging mail projects received from production departments. Operating the Letter Commingle machine by in-putting correct schemes to ensure highest level of mail sort is achieved.
7. Organizes the Mail Handlers and labor resources assignments based on workload and the needs of the current shift to ensure the mail projects are mailed as required on correct equipment.
RR Donnelley offers competitive starting wages with aggressive pay increases every 3 months your first year.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
1. Intermediate computer skills, including a familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and a good working knowledge of the current Windows operating system.
2. Current forklift and transporter certification or an ability to obtain such. (We will provide certification if you don't have it)
3. Ability to work with detail and to remain focused.
4. Ability to work with minimum supervision and be too self-directed.
5. Superior prioritizing and organizational abilities.
6. Moderate mechanical abilities to work with banding, wrapping and Commingle equipment.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer.