System Integration Engineer
Cabrillo Technologies, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of McKean Defense. Cabrillo scientists, engineers, technical staff, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms and shipboard systems, and develop computing and networking strategies to support the Warfighter. Cabrillo employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. Cabrillo employees create strategic solutions to help customers transform their organization by providing heightened levels of mission support.
Cabrillo is seeking a Systems Engineer with experience in PMW 160 systems to include CANES, ADNS, and Agile Core Services (ACS) to provide engineering design support. This position requires demonstrated experience in servers, storage, virtualization, software, containerization, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and networking technologies.
Responsibilities include working directly with senior level government engineers, managers, functional teams, and other contractors in the execution of systems integration. Minor travel may be required. Candidate will be responsible, as a team member, to integrate all shipboard applications and connected systems with CANES. Candidate will be responsible for automating and documenting repeatable processes and procedures for these integrations across all CANES versions. Candidate will integrate hosted containers with the baseline ACS system of CANES. Candidate will perform engineering, integration, automation, and testing in the NRDE (AWS) cloud. Candidate will develop test cases, test reports, and provide troubleshooting assistance. Must be able to update and create engineering documents and review installation documentation.
- Demonstrated Technical expertise in System Engineering Processes
- Experience in PMW 160 Programs with an emphasis on systems design
- Current active DOD Secret Clearance
- CSWF Certification (CompTIA Security + or higher plus a MS Server, MS Windows 10, CCNA, etc)
- Requirements traceability, process improvement, and CM experience
- Ability to continually adapt to rapidly changing requirements
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to work with clients, team members, and management staff; including both DOD civilian and contractor personnel
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Technology/Information Systems) plus 6 years' experience, or 8 years relevant experience in lieu of degree
- 4 years of recent US Naval support experience
- Experience in afloat network design including legacy and CANES
- Demonstrable experience in reconfiguring Linux OS, Windows OS, Active Directory, Group Policy, Cisco IOS/ISE, and bash/Powershell/Ansible scripts.
- Experience in working with diverse groups including active duty military, government civilians, and other contractor staff
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Cabrillo Technologies is an E-Verify company.