Senior Network Engineer
Cabrillo Technologies, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of McKean Defense. Cabrillo scientists, engineers, technical staff, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms and shipboard systems, and develop computing and networking strategies to support the Warfighter. Cabrillo employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
Cabrillo Technologies is aggressively pursuing business in the Navy NAVWAR space. This position is contingent upon a future contract win.
Cabrillo is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer will provide hands-on experience in designing, administrating, installing, and troubleshooting various on board US Navy Ships or US Navy Network Operations Centers. Experience with leading large technical projects, and a successful history of task accomplishment. This position requires an advanced understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) routing protocol. Very good written and verbal communication, along with effective time management
- Research, design, and test complex wide-area computer networks to include both hardware and software. Hardware includes, but is not limited to, routers, switches, servers, inline encryptors, and modems.
- Troubleshoot networking or design problems.
- Attend regular meetings serving as a subject matter expert for the afloat networking Programs such as CANES and ADNS.
- Develop technical briefs and present briefs to leadership and members of change control boards.
- Monitor and meet associated project deadlines related to system development.
- Decompose high-level business and system requirements into smaller detailed tasks to facilitate low-level network design.
- Produce technical documentation in support of engineering solutions that include, but are not limited to, architectural drawings, detailed design specifications, and thorough implementation instructions.
- Review, recommend, and write updates to technical documentation in support of the US Navy.
- Test and evaluate new technologies.
- Develops, updates, and maintains program of record documentation.
- Ten (10) years minimum technical experience designing Automated Digital Network System (ADNS) or similar networks.
- Eight (8) years minimum of technical experience installing and validating ADNS, CANES or similar networks.
- Four (4) years’ experience acting as technical lead in large-scale Automated Digital Network System (ADNS) or similar networks.
- Three (3) years’ experience programming networks utilizing Software Defined Networking techniques
- Possess Cisco certifications at the professional or expert level. In addition to the Cisco certifications, qualified candidates should also possess at least one (1) IA security certification that is Cyber Security Workforce (CSWF) compliant
- Secret clearance required
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Cabrillo Technologies is an E-Verify company.