Cabrillo Technologies, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of McKean Defense. Cabrillo scientists, engineers, technical staff, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms and shipboard systems, and develop computing and networking strategies to support the Warfighter. Cabrillo employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
Cabrillo Technologies is aggressively pursuing business in the Navy NAVWAR space. This position is contingent upon a future contract win.
Cabrillo is looking for a practicing engineer/analyst who can support and lead efforts to evaluate currently fielded and in development various systems to ensure design and system requirements are met by establishing appropriate testing criteria for US Navy Ships or US Navy Network Operations Centers.
- Evaluate current fielded systems or systems in development to establish appropriate testing criteria to ensure design and system requirements are met.
- Interface with peers supporting other programs gather interface and design requirements.
- Review and approve draft technical design documents, updates for Program of Record Documents, and brief proposed engineering changes to leadership.
- Provide break/fix support complex IT systems.
- Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
- Leads installations and configures network communications systems.
- Provides recommended resolutions and develops the associated cost estimates for both hardware and physical cable infrastructure.
- Must possess demonstrated experience resolving complex business and application problems. Thorough understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) routing protocols. Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaborative skills are desired.
- Must possess a high-level understanding of the different phases of network design at Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific
- Very good written and verbal communication, along with effective time management skills are desired.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) is desired from an accredited university, or equivalent experience with technical certifications.
- Five (5) years minimum experience evaluating complex DoD information systems to assess feasibility/suitability. Four (4) years minimum experience developing functional and technical design specifications.
- Two (2) years minimum experience leading/supervising system improvement upgrades on IT systems.
- This position requires an existing U.S. Government granted personnel security clearance at the Secret level. -Required
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Cabrillo Technologies is an E-Verify company.