Sr. Systems Engineer
Cabrillo Technologies, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of McKean Defense. Cabrillo scientists, engineers, technical staff, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms and shipboard systems, and develop computing and networking strategies to support the Warfighter. Cabrillo employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
Cabrillo Technologies is aggressively pursuing business in the Navy NAVWAR space. This position is contingent upon a future contract win.
Cabrillo is looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer. The candidate will lead and provide full spectrum systems engineering support for various ship, submarine and shore systems, including ECP/ECR updates, for the US Navy at NIWC PAC. Candidates will develop design solutions for the integration of hardware components to introduce new capabilities, enhance performance and/or to resolve fielding issues
- Lead and participate in the research, architect, and design complex computer network systems to include both hardware and software with minimal. Hardware includes, but is not limited to, computers, repository servers, data centers, routers, switches, inline encryptors, wireless and Radio Frequency communication, and modems. Software include but not limit to Linux OS, Microsoft OS, VMWare hypervisor, Redhat OS and virtual environment, Ansible, Software Defined Networking technologies (i.e. Quagga, FRR, VYOS, ONOS).
- Troubleshoot operation or design problems.
- Attend technical meetings and act as a subject matter expert for system requirement, architecture, and design.
- Develop technical briefs and present briefs to leadership and members of change control boards.
- Monitor and meet project deadlines related to system development, Engineering Change Request, and configuration management.
- Produce technical documentation in support of engineering solutions that include, but are not limited to, architectural drawings, detailed design specifications, and thorough implementation instructions.
- Review, recommend, and write updates to technical documentation in support of the US Navy.
- Support the development of methods for test and evaluation using new technologies.
- Develops, updates, and maintains program of record documentation
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and/or Electrical Engineering is desired from an accredited university, or equivalent experience with technical certifications.
- Eight (8) years minimum technical experience in architecting and designing DoD data transport network system or Wide Area Networks.
- Five (5) years minimum of designing DoD data communication and network architecture and design.
- This position requires an existing U.S. Government granted personnel security clearance at the Secret level.-required
- Practical knowledge of DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF), National Council of Systems Engineering (NCOSE), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) systems engineering processes and practices, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), and Model Based Systems Architecture Process (MBSAP).
- Knowledge in Information Technology (IT), computer system infrastructure, data communication and network system, Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model, and routing protocols.
- Have knowledge in data communication security, cybersecurity, and systems security certification and accreditation process (i.e. Risk Management Framework)
- Experience in system requirement definition, system requirement and functional allocation, and system use cases.
- Experience in architecting and designing data communication systems from requirements using DoD and industrial standards and tools such as DoDAF, Cameo Magic Draw, SYSML, UML, and other modeling languages/tools.
- Possess a high-level understanding of the different phases of DoD system design, development, and acquisition.
- Possess knowledge of computing and network equipment and functions.
- Candidates should have experience in creating engineering documents and drawings.
- Experience in working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT), and leading functional/specialty engineers in the IPT.
- Very good written and verbal communication, along with effective time and project management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Cabrillo Technologies is an E-Verify company.