Compliance Testing Manager
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Provide administrative and management oversight to assist the Chief Compliance Officer in performing bank regulatory compliance activities and engage in compliance monitoring, testing and reporting to assure compliance with laws and regulations throughout the Bank. Requires strong practical knowledge of banking regulations including but not limited to ECOA, HMDA, RESPA, Truth in Lending, Truth in Savings, Electronic Fund Transfers, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Fair Lending, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Flood Insurance, Regulation O, UDAAP and Privacy Responsible for ensuring that the Bank is adhering to all federal and state regulations relevant to its business. Also test, review and enforce compliance standards or requirements imposed by the company’s internal guidelines.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches regulatory requests from business areas and provide regulatory interpretation and executable options to achieve regulatory requirements and business needs.
- Plans, develops and conducts testing across all business activities operational processes, systems and internal controls to evaluate adherence to regulatory and policy requirements and compliance risks.
- Conducts interviews within the lines of business to develop a strong understanding of relevant processes and controls that mitigate risk of regulatory and policy non-compliance.
- Documents test steps and results in a clear and concise manner that support the work completed and can be easily understood by an independent person.
- Reviews testing documentation and results completed by team members on reviews and provide feedback
- Analyzes data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- Communicates testing results to management, at the appropriate time and with the necessary level of detail.
- Creates recommendations for improvement of processes and/or controls to remediate deficiencies and work with line of business stakeholders and internal risk partners to ensure appropriate corrective actions are defined to resolve weaknesses.
- Ensures alignment of controls, procedures, and testing to compliance requirements, policies, and practices.
- Completes issue validation activities to assess the adequacy of corrective actions that address the risk and control issues identified during compliance testing reviews.
- Prepares and distributes reports to senior management detailing review findings and recommendations. Periodically reports on significant activities conducted and planned for the upcoming period
- Ensures that all findings and recommendations are recorded for tracking purposes and perform required follow-up of open issues to ensure proper resolution
- Manages Compliance Issues Log to include monitoring and updating.
- Completes ad hoc projects per directions from Chief Compliance Officer and/or Chief Risk Officer.
- Stays abreast of compliance requirements via a variety of regulatory information sources.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in Business, Finance, Risk or other related field
- 6+ years of experience in banking compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; OR
- 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 3 years direct experience in testing to evaluate the effectiveness of controls (may include audit, compliance, internal control, or other related testing)
- Experience executing detailed test instructions and conducting reviews to
- assess controls and / or process effectiveness.
- An active Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) designation OR Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation
- Strong knowledge of regulations governing financial institutions including the rules and regulations of the FRB, OCC, FINRA, SEC, NFA, CFTC, FDIC and CFPB
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business partners as well as executive management.
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Leadership skill
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
EagleBank promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees.