Senior Data Architect
Data Architect (Senior)
Overall Assignment Description:
The Data Architect will serve as a member of the N2W Active IT and project team, providing systems engineering, network engineering, and project management expertise. The Data Architect will support the overall goals / objectives of the N2W IT Program, specifically, assist in developing the overall design of the N2W's data and technology centers supporting the delivery of the N2W Active IT architecture components. The Data Architect will support the overall design and development requirements of the N2W's data and technology center capability, and conducting and refining network assessments and operations to the N2W facilities. The Data Architect will perform studies to support the N2W Program Office. The Data Architect will act as a technical point of contact for many of the N2W studies, work with other teams to complete studies / research and develop requirements in support of new technology center N2W capabilities. As a member of the N2W team the Data Architect will be responsible for assessing future IT capabilities such as secure wireless, zero-client, multi-level security, IoT, and cloud solutions, to include business processes and cases for the NGA organization. The Data Architect will work side-by-side with contractor and government personnel to ensure issues are addressed. The environment is a multi-contractor program; therefore, candidates should be comfortable working with a diverse set of contractors and all grades of customer personnel.
Support data center engineering aspects of the N2W Project including:
- Identify, manage, and resolve specific technical requirement issues, perform analysis of alternatives (AoA) and develop roadmaps and engineering integration assessments.
- Assist the government in developing policies and procedures to build, maintain and leverage the data model to support the delivery of the GEA, As-Is, and To-Be architectures.
- Assist in the coordination of technology center plans and requirements with NGA transport and data center leads, to include relevant IC/DoD partners (such as ODNI, DISA and DTRA).
- Plan and execute technology center operations, assessments, and surveys using COTS, GOTS, and customer developed survey tools.
- Provide engineering support to include assessing data center technology and other network related engineering.
- Assist in the development of mitigation strategies and exception packages.
- Work with subject matter experts in NGA and the industry to ensure best integration practices are bring considered/used.
- Provide lifecycle project management analysis; conduct studies; participate in major reviews; perform hardware, software, and technology evaluations; identify solutions; provide recommendations; plan activities.
- Brief status and analysis results.
Skills and Experience:
MUST POSSESS CURRENT TS/SCI CLEARANCE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Math / Science / Engineering or Information Technology related degree.
- 10 years of demonstrated experience in datacenter integration to support a large and complex IT Enterprise.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience and understanding of power requirements, management of compute and storage resources, and engineering principles necessary to establish a technology center or data center.
- 2 years of demonstrated experience implementing IT cross-domain solutions.
- Current TS/SCI security clearance.
- M.S. Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or IT related degree.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience with requirements development, implementation, or integration with control systems, Platform IT (PIT) systems and Electronic Surveillance Systems (ESS).
- 5 years of demonstrated experience with implementing emerging cloud or hybrid-cloud environments and technologies.