Compressed Air Controls Engineer
McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean Defense is seeking an engineer or engineering technician for technical support of Compressed Air System Controls on Navy surface ships, submarines, and carriers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide engineering/technical support for the Navy Compressed Air Systems equipment and Controls program.
- Perform quality assurance reviews and pre/post installation ship checks to verify accuracy of installation drawings, identify interferences, identify discrepancies between installation drawings and actual vessel configuration, and ensure correct equipment and logistic configuration for verification and technical accuracy review of compressed air systems.
- Provide support for Ship Change Documents (SCDs), Machinery Alterations (MACHALTs), and Technical Assessment Team (TAT) reviews to ensure timely deliverables of quality products to the Fleet.
- Perform ship checks to establish as built conditions, trip report packages containing existing details, and design considerations.
- Develop and modify technical documentation such as drawings, technical manuals, applicable parts lists (APLs), and procedures for compressed air systems.
- Familiarization with Compressed Air Systems and control equipment including the Navy Common Core Controller (NC3) program, HPACs, LPACs, LPAPs, and
- Familiarization with Navy Data Environment (NDE) including MACHALT and SCD support
- Experience with various ship classes including CG, DDG, LCS, LCC, LHD, LSD, LPD, CVN, SSBN, SSGN, and SSN
- Degree in Engineering or related field
- If no degree, at least 5 years experience for Compressed Air Controls Systems on Naval vessels preferred
- Travel up to 25%
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.