Accounts Payable Supervisor
Accounting and Finance
Primary responsibility is to supervise a team of AP Specialists in a high volume EDI and manual invoice environment. Handle purchasing inventory and/or non-inventory items, reconciling vendor statements, and working with members of the procurement team to resolve payment discrepancies.
- Account reconciliations (RNV’s accruals, prepayment).
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of payment.
- Direct and approve 5-6 check runs, voids, ACH payments.
- Identify, develop and implement process improvements.
- Drive metrics improvement.
- Vendor Communication.
- Produce 1099 forms as needed.
- Update Tax Certificates annually or as needed
- AP Monthly Accruals
- Credit Card program management
- GL coding of Vendor Invoices
- Develop, update and revise SOP documentation
- Participate in Meetings
- Assist and Support The Accounting Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and analytical abilities
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects, meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong motivational, coaching, and leadership skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in business preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years of Accounts Payable experience preferred.
- Experience in a supervisory or leadership role required.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus
- Microsoft Excel experience required.
- Share Point experience a plus
- Logistics, distribution, manufacturing or retail experience desired.
This position is located at 1260 Karl Ct, Wauconda, IL. View the Google Map in full screen.