General Manager, Diagnostic Imaging Devices & Software
Why Join ACIST?
We care as much about our employees as we do our patients. Our culture fosters a work environment where employees can thrive, be passionate and have fun along the way. Each member of the ACIST team has the power to make a difference......every day!
The General Manager, Diagnostic Imaging Devices & Software is responsible for the Diagnostic Imaging Device & Software portfolio at ACIST. This person will lead all aspects of the portfolio including market positioning, product roadmap & development and installed base management. This strategic leadership role will lead ACIST Medical Systems towards the aggressive growth of the Diagnostic Imaging device business with a focus on innovative product design and development. As a key member of the leadership team, this position will promote and drive innovation, predictability and profitability through cross-functional collaboration. This individual will be empowered to define and establish the DI devices and SW footprint within ACIST and to energize the team with the upside of this line in our total portfolio. This individual will coordinate closely with Bracco Strategic Marketing, Bracco Diagnostics Inc. (BDI), and the Global Commercial Organization (GCO) to ensure that the product road map is aligned and contributes to the overall Bracco strategy and growth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and Strategy:
- Development and execution of the overall 5-year Game Plan for Diagnostic Imaging Devices and Software in alignment with the overall Bracco Imaging strategy.
- Define and communicate an innovative and robust product road map to deliver long-term business objectives.
- Work with KOL’s to generate and refine the portfolio and product pipeline.
- Assess the commercial potential of research results and allocate resources to strategically expand and strengthen ACIST’s product offerings.
- Develop and leverage partnerships effectively with cross functional teams including Product Development, Research & Technology/Bracco Injeneering, GCO, BDI, Quality, Operations, Service, and Regulatory to achieve business results.
- Demonstrate practical expertise and the ability to understand our customers unique needs with a commitment to driving product offerings that addresses those needs.
- Collaborate with the VP of Research and Technology to transition products from research phase to product development process.
- Lead and provide strategic direction in a highly matrixed organization to cross functional teams responsible for the development of ACIST medical device products
- Create a culture of innovation and excellence in a fast-paced, lean environment.
- Ensure that all team resources are aligned and driven to achieve project milestones and corporate initiatives.
- Take an active leadership role in the global commercial efforts for Diagnostic Imaging Devices and Software technology.
- Translate the features and benefits of DI/Software products into compelling selling and commercialization strategies and tools for the business.
- Foster relationships with KOLs and clinicians to better understand the product, competitors and how to best sell the technology.
- Create programs to build value selling strategies and tools to drive gross margin growth in these product lines.
- Collaborate with Operations to drive a transparent and data drive SIOP process to ensure supply predictability and efficiency.
- Directly lead and develop an upstream marketing team to drive product initiatives and OEM partnerships.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related or technology field – advanced degree preferred.
- 10 years of experience in product management or development of medical technology products
- Demonstrated track record in hiring, developing, and retaining top talent
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve results through others as demonstrated by a clear record of accomplishments
- Experience in effectively achieving results in a matrix environment
- Strong pipeline management with medical devices
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on time, on budget in a fast-paced lean environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interface, negotiate and influence multi-disciplinary teams and with different levels of personnel
- Intrinsically curious, innovative thinker and problem solver.
- Ability to see how all the pieces fit together and contribute to the achievement of broader organizational objectives (big picture perspective); strong business acumen and judgment
- Experience in relevant markets such as diagnostic imaging or Healthcare IT
- Experience with relevant technologies such as fluid management
- Led exploration and development of derivative technologies into new markets
- Basic understanding of hospital networks and TCP/IP protocols
- Awareness and working knowledge of the global regulatory and reimbursement environments for medical devices.
- Knowledge of QSR, ISO/EN and Quality System Standards
- Business Development experience
- Aptitude and skills stay current on published clinical research and to assess significance and strength of evidence.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 30% of the time. Occasional international travel.
ACIST provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.