Product Marketing Specialist
The newsletter (AKA “The Brief”) is the critical product in SmartBrief’s offerings, and usually launched in partnership with a third-party Association/Corporation. As a member of SmartBrief’s Product Marketing team, the Product Marketing Specialist will be the champion for the partner and brief within SmartBrief from its inception and will oversee the following responsibilities:
- Own the brief launch business plan, which includes coordinating with all departments to define the sales strategy, subscriber growth strategy, and overall brief goals prior to launching a new publication.
- Project manage the onboarding of new Brief partners, serving as cross-functional manager with internal partners in Editorial, Tech, Sales, Operations, Marketing and Partner Development teams to ensure a timely newsletter launch that sets both the external partner and internal SmartBrief team up for long-term success. Define the scope of projects, create and manage timelines, workflow and production, ensuring all internal stakeholders are held accountable for timelines and tasks assigned.
- Responsible for status and progress of brief launches including alerting stakeholders of upcoming deadlines and project deliverables, including troubleshooting as needed. The Manager will own responsibility for certain items him/herself, as well as manage the timeline and hold internal parties accountable for other tasks.
- Monitoring KPIs for SmartBrief’s 250+ publications, regularly checking on engagement and performance. Owning the lifecycle of the brief from launch through decline.
- Overseeing brief improvement efforts where needed, including data-driven testing. Work alongside the Product Marketing Director to optimize the brief template and content, in partnership with the Content team.
Project managing brief improvement projects, when needed, and owning the communications strategy for both internal and external partners related to these projects.
- Other duties as assigned
This position reports to the Product Marketing Director responsible for “The Brief”.
Skills and Requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience in a Product or Project Management role with cross-functional responsibilities. Media/Publishing/Agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A strong sense of organization with strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrated flexibility to manage multiple tasks, solve problems and schedule work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proven ability to develop relationships with peers and senior leaders within the company and holding them accountable to project plans and deadlines.
- Comfort with data and data analysis involving standard digital marketing KPIs.
- Demonstrates leadership, personal accountability, self-motivation and attention to detail.
- Ability to make decisions and problem solve.
- Willingness to be hands-on and own the work
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Thrives in a team-oriented, entrepreneurial corporate environment.
- Proficiency with a variety of software packages, including Basecamp, JIRA, Excel and Word.
- Legal right to work in the United States.