Are you a journalist with experience covering B2B news?
Are you accustomed to meeting multiple daily deadlines?
Then we can't wait to hear from you.
SmartBrief is seeking a full-time editor to create e-mail newsletters that summarize news for business audiences, including B2B, corporate and education. Candidates need to be available to start as early as 7 a.m. ET Monday through Friday.
The ideal candidate has a news background and familiarity with business-to-business topics, has written or edited professionally for 3-5 years, and can meet multiple daily deadlines with ease. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with quickly learning the news and priorities of a variety of fields and serving as an internal expert on those topics.
Candidates also need to demonstrate an ability to maintain positive relationships with clients and collaborate with co-workers and clients to produce high-quality newsletters with valuable, timely information for professionals in various industries.
Washington, D.C., although telecommuting may be considered for the right candidate
- Edit and manage email newsletters covering business, education and other topics with an eye toward using the ideal grammar, style and tone for a particular audience.
- Manage relationships with associations, corporations and other business clients as well as content providers.
- Meet multiple daily deadlines and manage other projects as needed.
- Manage and coach a team of freelancers who assist in producing each newsletter.
- Produce original content/reporting on industry trends or industry events.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least three years of experience in an editing, communications or research role with a news organization, consulting firm, trade association or other relevant group. Editing experience is preferred.
- Able to write with succinct, clean, accurate copy.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Sophisticated understanding of how to find news and information online.
- Proven editing skills and comfort with using online publishing tools.
- Ability to edit quickly and accurately on deadline, starting at 7 a.m. ET, Monday through Friday.
- Knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills. Preference given to candidates with client relationship management experience.