Who we’re looking for:
You’ve got a genuine passion for user research and UX best practices. You are knowledgeable about UX design, systems, and current trends in interaction design and are eager to apply them to innovative educational products. You are energized by working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a small team of learning design, technology, and subject matter experts-including giving and receiving feedback. You’re the total package if you have strong experience with usability testing.
At DeXL, We believe in unleashing human potential through a better way to learn. The UX Designer is a part of a team that is crazy about cognitive science, ed-tech, and all kinds of other geeky stuff, but more importantly, works insanely well together, cares for one another, and is determined to transform education.
Here’s what you’ll do:
Collaborate with the learning design team, clients, and contractors to deliver client programs and product offerings that support the mission of DeXL by understanding the project's goals, needs, and learners. More specifically, you’ll:
- Develop a deep understanding of learners through research, interviews and analyses of needs.
- Analyze data and present research findings and recommendations both to clients and internal team, following UX best practices.
- Take ownership of the user experience and visual design of DeXL learning products.
- Guide the final recommendations through the development process to ensure harmonious relationship between the content and design.
- Maintain expertise on state of the art and emerging learning concepts and technologies.
- Partner with internal and external parties to produce any media content needed for design, including oversight of contractors for media and graphic arts.
- Prior experience in creating and implementing UX design.
- Prior experience on multiple projects surrounding user experience mapping, storyboarding, and ongoing user experience/usability testing for ongoing user experience improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in interaction design, information design, computer visualization and animation, digital media, media production, or similar field.
- Proficiency with visual design and other industry tools like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Articulate Rise.
* Qualified applicants will be asked to share a portfolio of their work. An ideal portfolio includes examples of work that showcase your skills in UX design concept along with a simple description of the work*