Career Services Advisor
Who we’re looking for:
You’ve previously worked in a career services role in a collegial environment and have a proven track record of improving student placements. You’re great at establishing rapport with both students and employers and can seamlessly pivot from managing those relationships to more detailed work such as documenting those interactions and reviewing reports. You’re the total package if you’ve had experience working placing online students nationwide.
We believe in challenging the boundaries of traditional education and in liberating the innate greatness in people. We know that online learning is the best option for those looking to transform their lives. Bryan University has been recognized as one of AZ Central’s “Top Companies to Work for in Arizona” for the past 4 years running.
What you’ll do:
Support our mission by proactively juggling multiple activities related to career services, including building relationships with external organizations that result in employment opportunities for our graduates to work in their field of study as well as assisting students in getting prepared for the workforce in their chosen career field. More specifically, you’ll:
- Provide career counseling and job referrals to assist students with the career development process, including clarifying objectives and obtaining occupational information.
- Provide career planning assistance through making Zoom and telephone appointments with students as well as providing online assistance, regularly scheduled group workshops, and live access to Zoom interaction with students.
- Schedule and conduct Mock Interviews for students to be better prepared for actual job interviews
- Provide Career Services information to students in all Ignite sessions as well as regular classes when needed by Program Directors or Faculty.
- Initiate contact with and regularly follows-up with employers to develop new job opportunities and sustain existing feeder relationships with those employers.
- Assist students with the career development and planning process, including obtaining information on companies, current opportunities for employment, hiring practices, and making the transition from school to career.
- Plan and implement virtual job fairs and inform students of ground-based career fairs related to their academic program and within reasonable driving distance from their home
- Distribute information on internships, externships, and summer job opportunities related to their academic program.
- Collect and electronically file accreditation forms through DocuSign in order to satisfy ACCSC and potentially other accreditation requirements.
- Document all interactions with students and alumni through CampusVue, including the date and time at which the activity occurred.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in career services along with the ability to show demonstrated knowledge of the career development field
- A proven track record of improving placements within an educational environment
- Ability to use multiple software programs simultaneously including MS Office programs, contact management database systems, Gmail, Zoom, etc.
- Ability to work any shift within the department hours of operation (M-TH 7:00 am-7:00 pm, F 7:00 am-5:00 pm) with at least two 10:00 am-7:00 pm shifts per week