Financial Aid Advisor
Accounting and Finance
We believe in challenging the boundaries of traditional education and in liberating the innate greatness in people.
The Financial Services Advisor actively participates in this vision through educating Bryan applicants about the financial aid offerings available and provides appropriate information to assist the applicant in his/her decision-making process. The Financial Aid Advisor facilitates the applicants’ chosen educational pathway by navigating them through the financial aid process in pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree. They will assist in opening the doors of discovery, innovation and opportunity so that Bryan graduates are preferred, dedicated, intelligent and immediately productive in the work place. The Financial Services Advisor sets the example of excellence in assisting applicants to succeed. They are responsible for awarding and packaging students with Title IV Funding and ensuring that students are supported in achieving their individualized plans through proper financing.
• Applicants are inspired to their highest level of achievement and excellence.
• Applicants are treated with fairness, respect, impartiality and objectivity while abiding by all accreditation/compliance rules and regulations.
• Applicants are adequately prepared to successfully start their chosen program which contributes to a graduation rate of at least 75% and a 100% placement.
• Applicants are contacted in a timely manner and the customer service provided meets or exceeds expectations.
• Employee excellence through inspiring others with professionalism, effort and results-centered trust.
• Effective use of collaboration within department as well as interdepartmental in order to produce high-quality deliverables and to ensure effective decision making.
• Applicant interviews are conducted in a professional and timely manner.
• Applicant files are maintained in accordance with SFA regulations.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid.
• Clear, well-written communication with applicants, inter-and intra-departmentally.
• Timely attendance and adherence to all company policies.
• Positive collaborative relationships are established and maintained with faculty, staff, students, alumni and employers to sustain quality career development programs at Bryan University.
• Conduct interviews with applicants seeking to qualify and obtain financial aid.
• Examine applicant documents for SFA eligibility requirements.
• Maintain accurate student files in accordance with SFA regulations including verification and disbursement guidelines.
• Maintain accurate, up-to-date records of students receiving financial aid.
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Financial Aid.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
• Ability to work in a virtual environment using software technology including but not limited to Blackboard Collaborate, Blackboard IM, Moodle, LoudCloud
• Ability to sit for six to eight hours
• Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
• 1 - 2 years professional experience in financial aid or a related field, along with the ability to show demonstrated knowledge of the financial aid process
• Proven track record for being a dynamic communicator and facilitator
• Strong presentation and organizational skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a collaborative environment