HIM Faculty/ PPE Coordinator
Who we’re looking for:
You’ve got a genuine passion for helping students realize their educational and professional dreams. You have previous experience working in HIM and are looking to leverage that industry knowledge to facilitate opportunities for our students to explore new frontiers through externships. You are energized by working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where you can take initiative but also involves collaboration with other faculty, design, technology, and subject matter experts. You’re the total package if you also have experience teaching online.
We believe in challenging the boundaries of traditional education and in liberating the innate greatness in people. We know that online learning is the best option for those looking to transform their lives. Bryan University has been recognized as one of AZ Central’s “Top Companies to Work for in Arizona” for the past 4 years running.
What you’ll do:
You’ll work in a unique role which would consist of managing multiple priorities including teaching 2-3 classes in our HIM program and coordinating the Professional Practice Experience (PPE)/Externship program.
More specifically, you’ll:
- Provide an educational experience where each student has the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual and emotional growth.
- Prepare and implement activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Create and curate instructional content, including video, for students related to current trends and practices in the industry. .
- Integrate established, and emerging, teaching and learning strategies into the classroom and student interactions.
- Identify and facilitate Professional Practice Experience (PPE)/ Externship opportunities to meet work study and/or degree requirements.
- Support students through providing career planning assistance, conducting mock interviews, and helping students to improve job, communication, and etiquette skills to ensure they are able to represent the hiring company/externship site as needed
- RHIT or RHIA designation
- 3+ years Health Information Management (HIM) experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration or a related field OR an Associate’s Degree and 8 years of HIM experience
- Prior experience coordinating externships and/or workforce training
- Ability to report to work at the Tempe, AZ office location (Not a remote position)