Adjunct Faculty, Web Development
Bryan University seeks educators for our newly launched Advanced Full Stack Web Development Program. We are especially interested in those who have experience as a Web Developer and who have previously taught curriculum in the areas of Web Development, or related field.
Bryan University is a recognized post-secondary educational institution that innovates and leads in student-centric higher education. We offer online instructional programs that assist our graduates to succeed and lead in their chosen career field. Our Faculty ensures that Bryan graduates are prepared with the knowledge and practical, productive skills that lead directly to high demand professional careers.
We believe student-focused, engaging and caring faculty are the heart of any great educational institution. At Bryan University we value innovative faculty who are committed to delivering quality education and propelling students to success.
- Students receive the most advanced education necessary to obtain the practical, productive skills to be immediately productive in the work place.
- Student retention is successfully managed and students’ learning needs are met.
- Students are consistently and regularly provided with effective feedback and coaching on their academic progress.
- Three out of four students graduate.
Faculty and Staff:
- Employee excellence achieved through inspiring others with professionalism, effort and results-centered trust.
- Instructor is current with developments within their area of instructional responsibility and regularly participates in educational activities for professional growth.
- Students’ academic and attendance records are accurately maintained and up-to-date.
- Students’ grades are submitted in a timely manner according to school policy.
- Actively participates in regularly scheduled faculty meetings.
- The Bryan Learning Model is effectively executed.
- Interdepartmental activities are effectively coordinated through collaboration with peers and associates.
- Appropriate confidentiality is maintained when working with students, records, and administrative staff.
- Bryan is rated by students, business, education, associations and agencies as the best in class.
- All federal, state, accreditation, institutional regulation, policy and procedures are met.
- Provide an educational experience where each student has the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual and emotional growth.
- Prepare and implement activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Actively engage in individual, or small group, tutoring and remediation using synchronous and asynchronous tools.
- Integrate established, and emerging, teaching and learning strategies into the classroom and student interactions.
- Conduct proactive and reactive student outreach frequently.
- Provide individualized and timely feedback on student assessments.
- Provide regular feedback to the Faculty Chair on student progress or opportunities.
- Participate in training and program meetings.
- Other special projects, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
For our Online Campus:
- Ability to work in a virtual environment using software technology including but not limited to Canvas, Google Docs, and Zoom
For All Campuses:
- The ability to operate a computer and its peripheral equipment (printers, keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Ability to sit for six to eight hours
- 4 years’ experience in Web Development or related field. Previous experience teaching online, preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Programming, Web Development, or related field required. Graduate degree a plus!
- Ability to work in a virtual environment using multiple software programs simultaneously including MS Office programs, Canvas, Cvue, Gmail, Zoom, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of the professional career paths in industry and demands of the training field