Adjunct Math Instructor
We believe in challenging the boundaries of traditional education and in liberating the innate greatness in people.
The Instructor actively participates in this vision through ensuring that Bryan graduates are prepared with the knowledge and practical, productive skills that lead directly to high demand professional careers. The Instructor will effectively coach and lead students to open the doors of discovery, innovation and opportunity so that Bryan graduates are preferred, dedicated, intelligent and immediately productive in the work place. The Instructor will further ensure that Bryan enjoys a position within the higher education spectrum that is unique, respected, enviable and worthy of emulation.
The Instructor is additionally responsible for effective delivery of approved Course Outcomes and overall student retention rate in accordance with the university’s retention goals. The Instructor will also make recommendations for additions to, or upgrading of, curriculum, course materials, and textbooks.
- Students receive the most advanced education necessary to obtain the practical, productive skills to be immediately productive in the work place.
- Student retention is successfully managed and students’ learning needs are met.
- Students are consistently and regularly provided with effective feedback and coaching on their academic progress.
- Three out of four students graduate.
Faculty and Staff:
- Employee excellence achieved through inspiring others with professionalism, effort and results-centered trust.
- Instructor is current with developments within their area of instructional responsibility and regularly participates in educational activities for professional growth.
- Students’ academic and attendance records are accurately maintained and up-to-date.
- Students’ grades are submitted in a timely manner according to school policy.
- Actively participates in regularly scheduled faculty meetings.
- The Bryan Learning Model is effectively executed.
- Interdepartmental activities are effectively coordinated through collaboration with peers and associates.
- Appropriate confidentiality is maintained when working with students, records, and administrative staff.
- Bryan is rated by students, business, education, associations and agencies as the best in class.
- All federal, state, accreditation, institutional regulation, policy and procedures are met.
- Provide an educational experience where each student has the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual and emotional growth.
- Prepare and implement activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Actively engage in individual, or small group, tutoring and remediation using synchronous and asynchronous tools.
- Integrate established, and emerging, teaching and learning strategies into the classroom and student interactions.
- Conduct proactive and reactive student outreach frequently.
- Provide individualized and timely feedback on student assessments.
- Provide regular feedback to the Faculty Chair on student progress or opportunities.
- Participate in training and program meetings.
- Other special projects, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
For our Online Campus:
- Ability to work in a virtual environment using software technology including but not limited to Canvas, Google Docs, and Zoom
For All Campuses:
- The ability to operate a computer and its peripheral equipment (printers, keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Ability to sit for six to eight hours
- Proven track record for being a dynamic communicator and facilitator with a focus on student-centered, adaptive development
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a collaborative environment
- Ability to participate in an extensive paid training prior to the start of the position.
- Master’s Degree with 18 graduate semester credit hours (or equivalent) in mathematics
**Please be prepared to provide an unofficial transcript as part of the recruiting process to verify educational requirements.