Lead Faculty, Web Development
The Web Development Lead Faculty position is a unique role that would consist of a split workload between teaching classes and duties involving the administration of our new Advanced Full Stack Web Development program. We’re looking for someone who is interested in an opportunity to share their expertise and knowledge of web development with students in an educational setting as well as contribute to the development and growth of the program.
What you’ll do:
- Teach at least two classes per semester, as time allows.
- Ensure new Instructors are effectively supervised, coached, and mentored.
- Observe classes within the program area regularly and provide instructors with coaching to continually improve instructional presentation and classroom management skills.
- Create and curate instructional content, including video, for students related to current trends and practices in the industry
- Integrate established, and emerging, teaching and learning strategies into the classroom and student interactions
- In coordination with the Executive Director of Undergraduate Studies, coordinate live events and build community in the department.
- Attend faculty meetings and in-service programs. Maintain a record of professional development activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of developments within their program area and regularly participate in educational activities for professional growth.
- Maintain current personal knowledge of federal, state, institutional regulations, and accreditation standards related to the program area.
- Participate in professional development activities and serve on university committees that support the goals and objectives of the university.
- Other special projects, duties, and responsibilities as assigned
- 4 years’ experience in Web Development or related field. Previous experience teaching online, preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Programming, Web Development, or related field required. Graduate degree a plus!
- Ability to work in a virtual environment using multiple software programs simultaneously including MS Office programs, Canvas, Cvue, Gmail, Zoom, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of the professional career paths in industry and demands of the training field
Who we are:
We believe in challenging the boundaries of traditional education and in liberating the innate greatness in people. We know that online learning is the best option for those looking to transform their lives. Bryan University has been recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Arizona for the past 3 years running. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their family members, including:
PTO, Sick Time, Paid Volunteer Time, 10 paid Holidays annually
Health Coverage (Medical, Telemedicine, Dental, Vision, HSA, LTD, STD, Life, AD&D, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, Identity Theft Protection, Legal Services, and Pet Insurance.)
Retirement Plan with Employer Match
Tuition Benefit Plan
Wellness Program with Incentives
On-site Fitness Center