Director of Employer Relations
At Bryan University, we believe in challenging the boundaries of traditional education and in liberating the innate greatness in people.
The Director of Employer Relations and Career Services actively participates in this vision through ensuring our educational process enables students to become job self-sufficent, while also establishing and maintaining a national employment network to ensure our graduates are preferred, dedicated, intelligent and immediately productive in the work place.
- Grow and maintain our employer network within our internal tool ensuring a minimum of 70% to 80% placement of all students.
- Students learn and evidence skills in resume, interview, and job search, enabling them to be successful in job identification and obtainment well after they’ve graduated.
- Through innovative strategies, students are kept engaged in their employment purpose and goals.
- Internship opportunities are readily identified for students.
- Employee excellence achieved through inspiring others with professionalism, effort and results-centered trust.
- Department staff are properly coached, trained and developed.
- Regular staff meetings are facilitated to promote communication and information sharing.
- Weekly placement reports are provided to President.
- Departmental compliance with government and accreditation regulations are maintained.
- Employer representatives are recruited that can participate in our program advisory committees to ensure our curriculum maintains relevancy in the workforce.
- Positive collaborative relationships are established and maintained with faculty, staff, students, and employers to sustain quality student development programs at Bryan University.
- Establish relationships with organizations and employers to assist programs in meeting placement goals and internship needs.
- Identify and report job availability and grow potential for expansion current and developing programs.
- Assist the Education Department with employers that can participate in our program advisory committees to ensure our curriculum maintains relevancy in the workforce.
- Achieve accreditation requirements for placement for individual and campus but following regulatory requirements.
- Ability to create and deliver impactful workshops to students.
- Monitor, evaluate, and train staff to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Create and distribute student communication and broadcast materials.
- Manage onboarding activities, outreach, and communication.
- Hire, supervise, coach and evaluate department staff.
- Sets the example of excellence in assisting students to succeed.
- Additional duties as assigned by the President.
- BS degree required, Masters highly preferred
- Proven track record in developing employer partnerships with successful placement.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience overseeing an online career placement department or similar experience
- Achieved competitive AA, BS, and Master's placement rates, 70% plus
- Experience in national level placement
- Experience is resume writing, interview and job search
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Proven track record for being a dynamic communicator
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a collaborative environment