Health Information Management (HIM) Instructor, Full-Time
We believe in challenging the boundaries of traditional education and in liberating the innate greatness in people. The Instructor actively participates in this vision by ensuring that Bryan graduates are prepared with the knowledge and practical, productive skills that lead directly to high demand professional careers. The Instructor will effectively coach and lead students to open the doors of discovery, innovation, and opportunity so that Bryan graduates are preferred, dedicated, intelligent, and immediately productive in the work place. The Instructor will further ensure that Bryan enjoys a position within the higher education spectrum that is unique, respected, enviable, and worthy of emulation.
The Instructor is responsible for empowering students to achieve their innate greatness by offering individualized instruction, support, guidance, and feedback. The Instructor creates a learning community in which students feel connected to their peers, instructor, and the university. Within the Bryan Community, the instructor serves as an integral collaborator for innovation, creativity, and effectiveness in fulfilling the University’s mission. The Instructor may be required to take on additional projects including curriculum, grading support, tutoring hours, video recordings, mentoring, committee work, etc. as needed.
- Students obtain the practical, productive skills needed to be immediately productive in the work place.
- Student retention is successfully managed and students’ learning needs are met.
- Students are consistently and regularly provided with effective feedback and coaching on their academic progress.
- Three out of four students graduate and successfully placed in a position relating to their field of study.
Faculty and Staff:
- Employee excellence achieved through inspiring others with professionalism, effort and results-centered trust.
- Instructor is current with developments within their area of instructional responsibility and regularly participates in educational activities for professional growth.
- Students’ academic and attendance records are accurately maintained and up-to-date.
- Students’ grades are submitted in a timely manner according to school policy.
- Instructor actively participates in regularly scheduled faculty meetings.
- The DeXL Learning Model is effectively executed.
- Interdepartmental activities are effectively coordinated through collaboration with peers and associates.
- Appropriate confidentiality is maintained when working with students, records, and administrative staff.
- Bryan is rated by students, business, education, associations and agencies as the best in class.
- All federal, state, accreditation, and institutional regulations, policy and procedures are met.
- Provide an educational experience where each student has the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual and emotional growth.
- Prepare and implement activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Actively engage in individual, or small group, tutoring and remediation using synchronous and asynchronous tools.
- Create and curate instructional content, including video, for students related to current trends and practices in the industry. .
- Integrate established, and emerging, teaching and learning strategies into the classroom and student interactions.
- Conduct proactive and reactive student outreach frequently.
- Provide individualized and timely feedback on student assessments.
- Provide regular feedback to the Program Director on student progress or opportunities.
- Participate in ongoing training, development and program meetings.
- Other special projects, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Ability to sit for six to eight hours
- Ability to work in a virtual environment using software technology including but not limited to virtual meeting tools, such as Zoom, Instant Messaging, Canvas Learning Management System (LMS), and video creation software.
- Ability to operate a computer and its peripheral equipment (printers, keyboard, mouse, etc.)
Note: This is not a remote position
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration or related field required
- RHIT or RHIA designation
- 3+ Years teaching experience, online preferred
- Health Information Management (HIM) experience
- 3M experience
- Analytics experience (databases, data-mining, report generation)
- Passion for education and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of innovation and change
- Strong knowledge of learning strategies
- Proven track record for being a dynamic communicator, coach, and facilitator with a focus on student-centered, adaptive development
- Strong presentation and organizational skills